What Is ERP Implementation?
Keeping your business operational is all about the fine details. With things like financial planning, warehouse operations, inventory management, and customer relations to consider, it can be overwhelming to stay connected to what’s really happening in your business. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation is crucial to having a successful business—especially in the digital age.
But what is ERP implementation? And what are the benefits to having ERP software successfully integrated into your daily operations? Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) has the answers you need to get your business running more efficiently.
The ERP Implementation Process
ERP implementation is a highly involved process that should be taken seriously. With ERP software, you’ll be able to track inventory, manage your budget, oversee warehouse operations, process transactions, and communicate more effectively with consumers—all in one platform. But implementing ERP solutions takes time as it involves complex front- and back-office operations that need to be seamlessly integrated in one place, which is a lengthy and complicated process. It’s important to set realistic expectations for proper ERP software implementation.
Once your system is set up, however, you’ll begin to see a return on your investment almost immediately. A properly implemented ERP solution has incredible benefits for modern-day business owners, streamlining complicated processes and creating a more efficient working environment for increased success.
What Does ERP Implementation Do?
Before you set up your ERP software solution, you want to be sure your chosen provider offers the following key elements:
- Scalability: Whether you’re a mom-and-pop floor covering contractor or an enterprise-level lumber service, your chosen ERP software should be robust enough to handle 10 users to 10,000 users without issue.
- Database: Some ERP software providers use multiple servers while others use one platform to run the entire solution. For the best results, an ERP service should only involve one server to host the database for your business operations.
- Browser-based: Accessing your data from anywhere is crucial. You need to be able to understand your business’ immediate needs regardless of your physical location. With a browser-based ERP software solution, you’ll be able to access your data through the web anywhere, at any time.
- e-Commerce: Having a web-based storefront is essential. Some ERP software providers offer this service to business owners while others use third-party vendors, which dramatically increases the total cost. Be sure your chosen provider offers this as part of successful ERP implementation.
- Real-time: Data means nothing if it’s outdated or inaccurate. A proper ERP solution makes all of your business data available in real-time, so you can see changes to your operations as they occur and react accordingly.
Lastly, ERP implementation should make all aspects of running your business available in one platform. From customer relations to financial planning and warehouse management, your ERP software should be robust enough to handle it all. KCS offers all of these key elements in our powerful ERP software. Seamlessly integrate all areas of your business and watch your company grow like you never thought possible.
ERP Software with Kerridge Commercial Systems
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level and operate your company like a true professional, contact KCS to schedule your free demo and see what our ERP software can do for you. Our browser-based solutions make accessing real-time data possible from any location. We even provide our clients with professional e-Commerce sites without using third-party vendors.
Find out what your business is truly capable of by contacting KCS today.